Azadeh Fatemi, Ph.D.
Assistant Director of Clinical Administration
Areas of Special Interest Heading link
I have experience working with immigrants, international students, and BIPOC individuals. My approach to therapy is informed by interpersonal, cultural, and experiential theories. I also draw from self-compassion and mindfulness practices. My clinical interest/experience include: Cultural issues, identity development, trauma/PTSD, interpersonal concerns, depression, anxiety, family conflict, self-esteem, shame, stress, life transition, women issues, coping skills, adjustment issues, grief, and parenting.
Liaison To Heading link
- Office of Diversity, Equity, and Engagement
- Assistant Vice Provost for Student Inclusion
- Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Asian Americans
- Arab American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource & Cultural Center
Languages Spoken Heading link
What to Expect When Working with Me Heading link
Sometimes it takes courage to reflect on yourself, understand your experiences, and work on bringing change into your life. I am invested in joining you in this journey.
As a therapist I aim to collaborate with you to create a trusting relationship. I invest in getting to know you and your experiences, understanding you within your cultural context, and supporting you in reaching your potential. In working with you I strive to meet you where you are and create genuine and collaborative experiences to explore your concerns and learn skills that are necessary to bring change to your life.
Education and Training Heading link
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology | The University of Georgia | 2015
Doctoral Internship | Ball State University
What I Do at the Counseling Center Heading link
As a staff psychologist and Interim Associate Director for Clinical Services, I:
- Provide initial consultations and individual therapy
- Participate in diversity and inclusion initiatives and trainings
- Provide supervision for doctoral-level psychology trainees
- Provide outreach and consultation programming
- Oversee the Counseling Center’s clinical services (e.g., initial consultations, therapy, psychiatry, case management, crisis intervention)
About Me Heading link
In my personal time I enjoy hiking, traveling, exploring nature, cooking, and watching Peppa Pig with my children.