COVID-19 Service Updates Heading link
Many of our usual procedures have changed since transitioning to online services due to COVID-19. We are frequently reassessing our procedures to ensure our services are as safe and accessible as possible. Check back often for the latest updates.
Single-Session Appointments Heading link
If you are currently experiencing a mental health crisis, do not schedule a Single-Session Appointment. Instead, call us 24/7 at (312) 996-3490. Visit our crisis services page for more information.
Sometimes, a brief check-in can give you the mental health boost you need.
The Counseling Center offers 25-minute, single-session appointments that students can schedule the same or next day. These appointments are useful to clarify a goal, work on solving a specific problem, and to receive emotional support. Our staff can also help answer specific questions about our services.
Keep in mind:
- Single-Session Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When all available Single-Session Appointments are filled for the next 24 hours, you will need to wait until the next business day to access new appointment offerings.
- The portal to schedule Single Session Appointments opens at 9am, Monday-Friday.
- This is a one-time appointment and is not meant as a substitute for ongoing psychotherapy.
- You will be asked to complete a brief form before your appointment to help our staff understand how we can best assist you.
Single Session Appointments are not for:
- Crisis management
- Short-term or ongoing counseling
- Questions or concerns regarding medication
If you are looking for ongoing counseling (e.g., weekly group or individual therapy), please call the Counseling Center at (312) 996-3490 to schedule an Initial Consultation appointment.